Mail notifications

Sorry for the probably dumb question but I haven’t found the spot where I can enable mail notifications.

I’ve used other Discourse forums where the mail notifications for new topics and replies were enabled by default but here I cannot even find the place where I can enable them.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I’ve noticed now that there are mail preferences and I have activated mails when there are new topics or when someone replies to me. This is definitely not working. I did not receive any mail when someone replied to me in this thread: NullPointerException in com.sun.jts.CosTransactions.RecoveryManager when restoring EJB timers

Thanks for the question, Ill have a look and see if there is anything I can do. Otherwise I will raise an issue with discourse if its a matter of the feature not working right.

Sorry to ask, but did you check your spam folder?

Thanks for your reply, did not get a notification mail again. I just checked the spam folder but there was no mail from the Payara forum.
Of course it could be that our mail server’s spam list rejected the mail. Does the mail notification feature work for you? I mean if I am the only one complaining maybe the mail is really bounced by our mail server.

Currently the mail notifications work fine for us. And I cant see any settings which would cause an issue. Is anyone else having issues?

Mail notifications work fine for me as well.

I’m not sure if setting the Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invites me to a topic to always may help or not.

Thanks for your reply, I have my settings configured the same way.

@Marketing Could you confirm the mail address that notifications get sent from? Then I could check with our mail server admins.

Thanks!

Hi @chrjohn ,

FYI, Here is an email received from this forum, together with the message source and message header.

The from is Christoph John via Payara Forum <payara@discoursemail.com>

• The name may be vary based on the user who post the reply, in this case, Christoph John via Payara Forum.
  • The email address, I understand that it always be payara@discoursemail.com.

I hope this information may be useful.

2 Likes

Hi @charlee_ch ,
thanks for the information. In the meantime it started to work magically. Most probably it was stuck somewhere in our mail server’s spam filter. (at least that is my assumption since it started to work after asking our mail server admins :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes