Trialing Payara 5 Enterprise: application not deploying due to java.lang.NullPointerException at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.source.DirConfigSource.parsePropertyNameFromPath

Hi,

I currently use Payara 5 community version and have done so for many years. Looking to upgrade to Payara 5 Enterprise version.

I have download and installed the trial version and the server is up and running, my jdbc connections in place etc. App config all done. I am using Java 11

When i am attempting to install my applications I am getting failures around this initially:

java.lang.runtimeexception: java.lang.runtimeexception: java.io.eofexception at org.glassfish.security.services.impl.jcekspasswordaliasstore.containskey(jcekspasswordaliasstore.java:169)

Some online answers seemed to indicate it was my java, I am using JDK11 and downloaded AdoptJDK11 and tried with that but no good.

I tried disabling some options under Server-Config and Microprofile but now i get another error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.source.DirConfigSource.parsePropertyNameFromPath

Can someone explain why my Payara 5 community working apps are not in Payara 5 Enterprise?

Thanks,
Ray

Hi @RayQuinlan,

What options did you disable and how did you disable them?

Could you also make sure that your JAVA_HOME and path environment variables in your machine are pointing to the correct JDK installation?

Ignore me! Not sure what i did(possible i installed the wrong binary) but i have cleaned everything down and started fresh. Working as i expect now.

Thank you and apologies!

Actually i have just reproduced the issue, it happens after i enable secure admin .

remote failure: Error occurred during deployment: Exception while loading the app : CDI definition failure:Exception List with 1 exceptions:
Exception 0 :
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.EOFException
at org.glassfish.security.services.impl.JCEKSPasswordAliasStore.containsKey(JCEKSPasswordAliasStore.java:169)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.source.PasswordAliasConfigSource.getValue(PasswordAliasConfigSource.java:101)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigExpressionResolver.getValue(ConfigExpressionResolver.java:122)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigExpressionResolver.resolve(ConfigExpressionResolver.java:106)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigExpressionResolver.resolve(ConfigExpressionResolver.java:88)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.searchConfigSources(PayaraConfig.java:353)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.searchConfigSources(PayaraConfig.java:348)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.searchConfigSources(PayaraConfig.java:336)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.searchConfigSources(PayaraConfig.java:328)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getCacheDurationMilliSeconds(PayaraConfig.java:133)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getConfigValue(PayaraConfig.java:234)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getValueInternal(PayaraConfig.java:195)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getValueInternal(PayaraConfig.java:189)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getValue(PayaraConfig.java:157)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.getConfigValue(PayaraConfig.java:169)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.PayaraConfig.(PayaraConfig.java:114)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigProviderResolverImpl.getConfig(ConfigProviderResolverImpl.java:297)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigProviderResolverImpl.getConfig(ConfigProviderResolverImpl.java:308)
at fish.payara.nucleus.microprofile.config.spi.ConfigProviderResolverImpl.getConfig(ConfigProviderResolverImpl.java:215)
at org.eclipse.microprofile.config.ConfigProvider.getConfig(ConfigProvider.java:85)
at fish.payara.security.openid.OpenIdExtension.redefineConfigControllerScope(OpenIdExtension.java:181)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.jboss.weld.injection.StaticMethodInjectionPoint.invoke(StaticMethodInjectionPoint.java:95)
at org.jboss.weld.injection.StaticMethodInjectionPoint.invoke(StaticMethodInjectionPoint.java:85)
at org.jboss.weld.injection.MethodInvocationStrategy$SimpleMethodInvocationStrategy.invoke(MethodInvocationStrategy.java:168)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ObserverMethodImpl.java:330)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ExtensionObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ExtensionObserverMethodImpl.java:123)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.sendEvent(ObserverMethodImpl.java:308)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverMethodImpl.notify(ObserverMethodImpl.java:286)
at javax.enterprise.inject.spi.ObserverMethod.notify(ObserverMethod.java:124)
at org.jboss.weld.util.Observers.notify(Observers.java:166)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverNotifier.notifySyncObservers(ObserverNotifier.java:285)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverNotifier.notify(ObserverNotifier.java:273)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverNotifier.fireEvent(ObserverNotifier.java:177)
at org.jboss.weld.event.ObserverNotifier.fireEvent(ObserverNotifier.java:171)
at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.events.AbstractContainerEvent.fire(AbstractContainerEvent.java:53)
at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.events.AbstractDefinitionContainerEvent.fire(AbstractDefinitionContainerEvent.java:44)
at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.events.ProcessBeanAttributesImpl.fire(ProcessBeanAttributesImpl.java:43)