Production domain

What is the best configuration for a production domain? And how to setup this configuration?

Suggestion: it would be great if the new releases of payara community includes a production domain just like it was before.

Hi Hicham,

Payara Community still includes the production template under glassfish/lib/templates directory, you can create a production domain by using the --template dir parameter when using the create-domain asadmin command.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,
Many thanks for your response.
In fact, the last time I have seen production-domain.jar was in 5.2020.4 (under common/templates/gf/)
Now, community edition doesn’t include it any more :frowning:
Any suggestion how to create it will be really helpful :slight_smile:

Hi Hicham,

You can also have a look at our blog Fine Tuning Payara Server 5 in Production to get pretty close to a production ready domain - as you may see, this would be a manual process.

You could also try your luck using an old production-domain.jar with a newer Payara version, but it may not work or have unintended side effects.

And obviously the most convenient option is to get a Payara Enterprise subscription, which includes a preconfigured production domain :wink:

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

Many thanks again for your quick answer.
One of the reasons why Payara is my favorite application server is its documentation like the one on the link you provided.
However, I will try the 2nd solution using an old production-domain.jar even if I totally agree that the enterprise subscription would be the solution to go. Unfortunately, it is not a solution for the time being.

Hicham

1 Like